I really can’t answer that question, but I will say the Boston victory was very satisfying, and, why can’t Maxiell play like that more often?
Some links from Pistonland as well as the entire NBA
- Free Darko guest post regarding Rasheed Wallace (link)
- Some insightful tidbits from Celtics Hub about the Pistons-Celtics game… (link)
“The Pistons TV crew did their best to make it seem like the Palace crowd reacted strongly to Rasheed Wallace’s return to Detroit. They didn’t. If you think they did, you’ve forgotten how the fans—and the Pistons organization—reacted to the return of Chauncey Billups last season:”
“The differences are striking. Sheed got a separate intro, but it was nowhere near as enthusiastic and loud as the one for Chauncey. And there is no comparison in the crowd response. Some of this is due to the fact that the Pistons were still decent last season when Billups returned, and that unexpected trade ripped Billups away from his team and fans while Sheed left for cash.
But this also has to do with the difference between someone who always plays hard and cares most about winning and someone who sometimes puts his own temper above his team and dogged his last season in Detroit.”
Toasterhands agrees 110%.
- Also, within that same Celtics Hub post, a pretty funny point is made about the Arby’s promotion…
“Ok, Arby’s, let me see if I understand this: Some fast food chains give home fans a free chalupa (or chalupa-like food product) every time their team scores 100 points. You give some lucky Detroit fans a free small order of french fries when a Detroit player records a triple-double? Why not just give out a free cup of ice whenever Ben Wallace hits a three-pointer? Or two free ketchup packets if Chucky Atkins hits double digits?”
Toasterhands agrees again.
- Dan Feldman of Piston Powered gives the players their mid-season grades. Ben Wallace, Jonas Jerebko and Rodney Stuckey earn A grades, Austin Daye checks in with a C (link)
- Natalie Sitto about the past and the future of the organization (excuse me while I fetch a tissue) (link)
- A FanPost on DetroitBadBoys about acquiring Kings talented (but shot chucker) guard Kevin Martin (link)
- Patrick Hayes of Mlive has a story about the loyalty of Pistons fans (link)
- For more Pistons news, check out MyPistonsNews
Around the NBA
- Enough is enough, NBA ‘fans’ shouldn’t be able to vote for All-Stars (link)
- The NBA’s Dream Team of bench players (Amir Johnson sighting!) (link)
- Kings decline Mavs offer to trade Josh Howard, Drew Gooden and JJ Barea for Kevin Martin and Andres Nocioni (link)
- Cavs complete sweep of Lakers without Maurice Williams. For now, anyways, Cleveland rocks (I loved this show) (link)
- Andy Varejao and Pau Gasol pic–the eras (link)
- Stephon Marbury made a smart decision? (link)
- Interesting story about DeJuan Blair (link) hat-tip Fresno Beach
Via Dunking Mayhem…