Alright, first things first.
Posting will probably be sporadic for the next nine days or so as I will be in San Diego, California on vacay. Will be able to slip on over to a local free wireless coffee joint a couple of nights hopefully, but I can’t commit to much more than that.
As a side note, I will be attending the Los Angeles Dodgers-San Deigo Padres game on Friday (July 3rd) night, supposedly Manny’s first game back in the lineup. Have had the tickets for over a month, so it was a total luck job that it worked out this way (Mom gets the cred). Will be definitely looking forward to mingling with drunk riled up Dodgers fans who made the trip south. Should be an experience.
Anyways, on to the oh so boring week that has transpired so far.
- “Detroit’s Future: Bleak” (nbaroundtable)
- John of Detroit4Lyfe would love to see Amar’e and Turkoglu on the roster. I would love to see Peyton Manning as the Lion’s QB btw (Detroit4Lyfe)
- PistonsNation would love to see Laimbeer as the next head coach (PistonsNation)
- A well crafted post on Curry’s firing (Motown String Music)
- “Really, Joe? Really?” (Straight Bangin’)
- “Hobo Coach” (lowposts)
- Nick lists David Lee as the numero uno 2009 Free Agent. I concur. (Nick And Roll)
- Sham sent me this on Twitter, here’s a quick blurb “It appears that most of you are against this, and against Gordon in general. But I implore you that you’ll like Gordon the player…..probably. He probably is about $10 mil overpaid over the life of the contract, but such is the nature of unrestricted free agency. Pretend it doesn’t exist, and you’ll like him more.” (RealGM)
- A quick recap of Richard Jefferson on The Dan Patrick Show (Air Alamo)
- Hedo to the Blazers? It might just happen (Rip City Project)
- “David Lee in Toronto?” (Raptors Rapture)
- I’m glad I’m not a Clippers fan (Fully Clips)
- Dear Lord, if Jake Voskuhl ends up in Detroit… (Sir Charles in Charge)
- I’ve always liked Leon Powe’s game, even if he always seems to play well against Detroit. Washington would be wise to land him (Stetsports)
- Stephon Marbury said what? (Tirico Suave)
- An uncalled for small print cheap shot at the city of Detroit (Blog a Bull)
P.S. Keep an eye out for a Walter Herrmann poem/rhyme in the near future. I promised I’d do one no matter if he was on the team or not next season, and it’s almost a finished product now. There’s a corny but true story that goes along with it that I will share as well.